Septicemia Con't

Ok so, Friday was pretty damn painful through the day and night, I didn't get much rest, an hour here and there, I'd manage to find an angle where my arm wasn't screaming OUCH!! the pain was like a ripping burning sensation..

Saturday was pretty much the same, although late afternoon through to evening I was able to put my arm down on my chest without having to breath through the pain. I also noticed that around my elbow was blowing up like a balloon, at one point I could have drawn an anchor on it and looked like Popeye!!

Sunday was amazing, I could move my arm again and feel the intense pain that followed when I did move it.. Although now I couldn't straighten it and it was pretty much bent the whole time..

Monday pretty much like Sunday, only time I felt pain in my arm now was when trying to straighten it, or when I got out of bed to visit the loo.. Saw my Doctor (which I didn't see on Fri) in the afternoon and his face said it all really.. he was happy that the infection was on the mend, but also said that had he seen me on friday I would have been admitted to Hospital for an I.V.

Tuesday swelling is coming down, more mobility in the whole arm, actually managed to do work! still can't hold a camera..

Today, saw Doc again this morning, he's happy with everything, can visibly see the swelling has gone down in my arm, I'm using both hands to type now (I have the odd twinge in my elbow, and it hurt a lot when he was prodding it). The drugs have affected me more than I thought they would, I have the odd dizzy spell when I'm walking/standing, I have little night vision (usually see more in the dark than most), and tired (though that could be my body fighting the infection).

So there we have it my past 5 days.. Doc gave me a bunch more drugs to take, and I'm back on Monday, hopefully I'll be all better again and able to pick up a camera, I need to get out and take some pictures, its driving me mad not able to do the thing I love most!!

Comments

Popular Posts