Septicemia - playing doctor, a warning..

So this morning i woke after just 3 hours rest with extreme pain in my left elbow.. About 3 weeks ago I decided that the moisturising cream I was using wasn't working fast enough for my ever worsening dry elbow. So what did i do? yup i took a fresh 10A bladed scalpel and cut the hardened skin off.. i shaved a little too much off if one section, but wasn't too fussed at the time..

Then about a week ago I started feeling under the weather, its that time of year for the new colds etc, so didn't think too much of it.. then a couple of days ago the headache hit.. I get the odd headache now and then and they go, but this one has decided it wanted to stay.. and then my elbow started aching, noot so much that i noticed it all the time.

So the pain in my elbow was so intense I thought I was going to pass out! looking at it in the mirror I could see that a blackend lump had appeared, so thought that it was a pressure build up of blood? so out came another fresh 10A blade, and i tried to releave the pressure.. oh what was I thinking?!! please don't anyone else do this!! not a great move.. so not being able to stand this any more, I made an appointment with my doctor.

She wanted to tell me how fricken stupid I was, but her professional conduct prevented her from saying so.. Apparently had I been living in a lesser country, I would be looking at possible death.. luckily for me I have to take a double dose of antibiotics 4 times a day, and if its gets worse, head for the local A&E for an Intravenous of antibiotics..

So it doesn't look like I'm going to be picking up a camera for a while..

Comments

lisa B said…
Unreal, as I read that I thought... HOW could he do that to himself... YIKES!

I'm glad you finally got to the doctor and now will start to feel better soon!

(((((((Robert))))))))
TimChurchill said…
good better soon buddy!

Popular Posts